Applying for an Account
Options AI is available to individuals who meet the following requirements:
- 18 years or older;
- Have a valid Social Security Number (not a Taxpayer Identification Number)
- Have a legal U.S. residential address
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or have a valid U.S. work visa
- Meet suitability standards for trading options
Currently we offer individual margin accounts only.
Like all brokerage firms and other regulated financial institutions, Options AI Financial LLC is required to verify the identity and options trading suitability of all of its customers. The questions we ask allow us to do that. These procedures are in place for our protection and yours.
There are a number of reasons why applications may be unsuccessful. We do not offer a specific reason for each rejected application but some of the most common reasons include:
- We are unable to verify the information you provided
- An applicant does not appear suitable for options trading based upon the information provided
We use the information we collect to do a number of things, such as:
- Validate your identity
- Confirm your address
- Confirm if you are suitable for options trading
- Communicate with you when you trade
We may email you if your account is not completed or if we require more information to complete your application. We are required by law to take these steps to prevent money laundering and other criminal activities.
If you have an account with us we will use your contact information to send you trade related correspondence, like trade confirms or statements.
Your data is shared with key partners, such as our clearing firm APEX Clearing. It is not sold to any third parties.